• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help please must find officers of a corp., sold bad stock

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rufus

Some people who had a corporation sold us some stock than ran. We don't have a S.S. number just know the corp was formed in Nevada in 1996 (on the seal and papers). We paid a lawyer to help us, but he has given up, so I'm trying to do this myself. We thought we were investing for the future and their lawyer did the papers, so we thought it was on the up and up. We didn't know lawyers could be dishonest legally, but we do now. We heard he was disbarred here in Florida and is practicing again in North Carolina. Is he in anyway accountable? Is there somewhere, where the information about the officers of a corporation is public record? Is there a way to track down the lawyer in North Carolina? If so, will that do me any good, he was also an officer? Any help you can give me will be so greatly appreciated. Michael Manning was going to valge (confirm) to Shand's that we had the money to pay for my husband's anti-rejection drugs. Luckily this happened before the transplant did. Our lawyer lead us to believe there wouldn't be any problem getting our money back. Now we are in bad financial shape, because we just believed everybody. I know we were stupid, I just can't believe the F.B.I. or somebody can't get involved, it was a lot of money. It was a Nevada corp. that sold stock in Florida. Once again we would appreciate any help you could give us. Thank-You, Jane & Mark

R

rufus

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TOPPER:
Have you spoken to anyone from the SEC?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I guess the lawyer tried to file for some state funding for people defrauded on stock, but they said it had to be issued by a stock broker. How do I get in touch with the sec?
I'll do anything, if I just know how to. Thank-you for responding

R

rufus

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rufus:
Originally posted by TOPPER:
Have you spoken to anyone from the SEC?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I guess the lawyer tried to file for some state funding for people defrauded on stock, but they said it had to be issued by a stock broker. How do I get in touch with the sec?
I'll do anything, if I just know how to. Thank-you for responding
That's "sold us some stock, THEN ran" and "VOUCH to Shands that we had the money" I don't want to piss anyone off, I REALLY need help. I'll even pay somebody, if they can help us get our money back. (I just read the red hot post). Thanks again in advance.

R

rufus

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TOPPER:
This is their official website. I don't know if they can help you or not. Good luck!
http://www.sec.gov/

T
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank You. I talked to a lawyer here last night, who was very nice and helpful. It got me going back through my papers and I think I misquoted my problem. It's true he did sell me what I found out later was worthless stock **(so if it isn't real stock, can the sec help me?), but he went futher. About six months later he signed a stock purchase agreement, saying he would buy the stock back and give us the money on a certain date, then didn't. He did issue us more stock at that time as well.
After getting some places to try to track them down from the lawyer, I was looking at the rules for a corporation in Nevada. **I hope this isn't true, but it says they personally aren't liable for anything, is this true? My major problem, other then the possiblity that I can't do anything, is finding them, without as much as a social security number. I have e-mailed the secretary of state in Nevada, to see if they have a current address, but I would think the corportation is no longer open. **Do you have any other ideas as to how I might go about finding them (the officers)?
Thank-you for your time and help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">