• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Thank You "i AM LIABLE"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pmincey

I came here from Fla. Six years ago.(I am in Tn. now) I satisfied my DUI Mandates from fla. (read previous post please) For FIVE years I have been fighting for my "priveledge" to drive again! I got my papers from the Clerk of the Court in Fla. that my "mandates" had been fullfiled and that my suspension had been lifted! I went and got my SR-22 (required) in Tn. Paid a "Reinstatement fee" to the "dept. of Safety" here..170 dollars.. (Even though ..I have NEVER had a Tn. License!) and received "THEIR" permission to obtain or "AT LEAST" test for my Tn. license! THAT was THREE years ago!! EVERYTIME... Even though I had all of the proper paper work..The testing stations kept telling me that Fla. had me suspended! The Clerk of the Court in Fla. EVEN put her watts line number on my papers for them (Tn.) to call if I had any problems... They (Tn. Testing stations) Refused! After "THREE YEARS" of this..I just got tired of walking to work (6 miles). No buses No Taxi's here! One nite..Two weeks ago..I was arrested for driving on "A Suspended License!" Class "B" misdemeanor! I go to court in two weeks and..No I can't afford an attorney!
Thank You so much for your interest.
As you can probably tell.. I am a little bitter about this whoe mess!
Sincerely: Paul

P

pious1

paul who are you bitter with, i hope your looking in the mirrow. i bet if you would have gotten a lawery to force ten. hand this wouldn't have happened.

T

Tracey

File a motion in court for a Writ of Mandamus against the DMV requiring them to issue the license or at least call FL to verify that the license is suspended. The more affidavits you can attach from FL saying that you are NOT suspended any more, the better. Alternatively, ask the FL license bureau why they are still reporting your license as suspended. Maybe the problem is that you haven't gotten a new license in FL?

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">