• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who knows

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

krg

i was working in detroit....i left my keys in the lobby counter....the clerk used them to steal my rental car and breifcase...they have found the car and the police arrested the clerk....should i be able to sue the hotel for this?

T

Tracey

Sure. Don't know if you'll win, since the clerk stopped 'acting within the scope of his employment' when he took the keys, but you might get a quick settlement. At least enough to cover your comprehensive deductible. Turn it over to your insurance agency too. They might sue the hotel for you.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">