• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

food theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

howdidthishappen

What can I expect during my court date for shoplifting food from a local grocery store? I have an eating disorder, have been undergoing treatment for it, and have taken numerous steps to obtain better help for this problem since this horribly shameful experience. Will I be given opportunity to offer up my doctors' information? Should I plead not guilty due to this mental/medical condition? What would a plea of no contest mean? Thank you in advance.

W

where did it go?

the evidence is gone...eaten...digested...how can they charge you on disappeared evidence?

T

Tracey

Plead not guilty & get a lawyer. You might be elegible for first-offender programs or a deferred prosecuion due to addiction. Expect the legal fees to be $600-1000.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">