• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Ha

I was arrested at the clothing store. They charged me grandtheft. I have a Court date this coming Friday, 29th. This is my first defense and I don't know what action or produre. Last night, I couldn't sleep. I never felt so scare to death in my entire life. This what happen, I went to meet Ms. Garcia after work and I didn't see Ms. Garcia so I decided to return some merchandise while I am here. When I got arrested, the security guard said I only have one bag when I walk in the store. which is not true, I have two bags with me at all time. The two bags contents two men pants, shirt, and woman outfit. The other bag is a pair of black shoes. I had the receipt for the black shoes. I don't have the receipt for the men pants and shirt. My brother didn't keep the receipt but there are tags on each items. He told he brought them at Mervyn, so I help him to exchange the an other pair. There is one pair is defective and the other one he didn't like the light beige color. This store doesn't have customer services desk so I decide to look around myself while I am wait for someone. I walked around and I found some outfits that I want to exchange. Time passed by, I decided to try on some outfit that I found. Then I bumped into Ms. Garcia in the dress room. I was glad to see her because she told me she knew how to heal people. She mentioned a week before that she had some medicine that cure my depression. I told her I heard parents voice in my dream. I keep thinking of killing myself before my birthday. I am sad inside sad because my parents passed away. I did take three sleeping pills at once time and I slept thru a whole weekend. Everytime, I woke up I feel depress. That's why I was happy I ran into Ms. Garcia. She mentioned to me she will be open a business on healing people with health problem and disorder. That day, I didn't feel good and she gave me one pill to take and later I didn't feel good. Ms. Garcia I asked to help her return some merchandise because she didn't have a driver license with her. She told me she would leave the bag in the houseware where the towels. She told me, return in second floor because she tried to returned down and the cashier gave her a hard time. She showed me a receipt but it expired that why they needed her driver license. I found her bag of items but there was no sign of her. She told me she waited for me at the elavator. I waited for her and she didn't show. I went outside where we met the first time before. That's when the security guard stopped me and took me to security room. They didn't tell me what I told. They said you are going to jail if you are admitted. I didn't admitted I steal but she admitted for me. She said thanks to me I admitted. I was so scare and scream to me you are theft and you come here to steal. I said I am not. One security said, if I opened one word I will go to jail. I told her I saw people steal but I depress but I didn't steal. I don't want to mess up with my life. I don't know how to present in Court I don't steal those items. The lady gave ne a copy of the receipt. Is it ok to bring with me to Court? I don't how to prove two pants belongs to my brother. My brother asked where is his pants. I didn't say anything. The store kept it because the security guard told the police officer I don't have them when I was in the store. I even pointed out the damaged and she still think I stole them. They treated you like a criminal. When I heard about the jail, my heart start beating 100 mile fast. I haven't talk to a public defender until the Court date. What do you think I should say to the judge and what kind of information could you give that I could use to tell my public defender and the judge. Please I need your help. I don't steal in my life why should I start now at the age of 32 and it 45 minutes away from my house.

B

beenthere

You..will..get..a..lawyer..when..you..get..to..court.
Take..everything..with..you..to..show..him.or..her.

I..thought..grand..theft..had..to..be..over..
$5000.00!?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">