• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unlawful traffic stop???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dafodie

As I was pulling out of a local bar, the police officer had already claimed I was speeding after only 3 tenths of a mile. He claimed to have "paced me" in the "thru lane" speeding 52mph in a 45mph zone. I would like to know if there is any regulations for "pacing" a vehicle in order to give a speeding ticket. 1500' does not seem like a long enough distance for such a conclusion(only 7mph over). Help please!!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dafodie:
As I was pulling out of a local bar, the police officer had already claimed I was speeding after only 3 tenths of a mile. He claimed to have "paced me" in the "thru lane" speeding 52mph in a 45mph zone. I would like to know if there is any regulations for "pacing" a vehicle in order to give a speeding ticket. 1500' does not seem like a long enough distance for such a conclusion(only 7mph over). Help please!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

What kind of car were you driving? Engine size? How many cylinders?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

D

DrunkN_MastR

Basically pacing works when the officer is goin speed limit (not necessarily beside you, could be far behind you) and if you're getting farther away from him (or catching up to him if he's in front of you) then it is valid for him to write up the ticket

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">