• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug charges/re-trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Arcomone

My Uncle was arrested 21/2 years ago for posession with intent to deliver. He was sentenced to 4-8 years. Since then he has appealed and won his appeal and is going back to court. He was charged as a dealer due to the amount he had on him( it was pcp). He is not a dealer he is an addict which to me is not any better but who am I to judge. The DA offered him a new sentence of 2-5 but he is not sure if he wants to take it or not. My question is should he take the plea, or should he go before a judge, or should he request a jury trial. He has a past history of being arrested for drugs so I believe he got what he deserved but I am asking for my Mom's sake. He was arrested in Pennsylvania. Anyone familiar with the law in Pa. and how it works who could offer any advice please let me know. I would appreciate it very much.

B

bellestar

if he is an addict, i would encourage him to take it.. it will get him out of the enviorment and he can go to drug rehabilitation, and take coarses to help him with his problem. he wont do the whole time but it will get him cleaned up. sometimes when an adict is away from the enviorment he gets high in, its easier to kick the habit.

T

Tracey

What he should do is hire a defense attorney to negotiate a plea.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">