• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cousin accused of sexual harrasment! PLEASE HELP!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Matilda

To make a long story short my cousin at age 17 had sex with a girl (15-16). 6 Months laer, cousin is now 18, the girl says she was raped. He was jailed and bailed. Once bailed the girls best friends now say he raped them also when they were all drunk at a party. There are 4 girls now and he is being charged with 8 counts of sexual assault! He has never been in any trouble with the law, he was going to receive a scholarship for football, and he is now sitting in jail with 1 million dollars bail and because of prop21 is looking at 15- to life for this! Somebody please help before my cousin is charged for something he did not do! He is a very good young man and the longer he is in jail I am afraid the less of a chance he has of ever coming home!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matilda:
To make a long story short my cousin at age 17 had sex with a girl (15-16). 6 Months laer, cousin is now 18, the girl says she was raped. He was jailed and bailed. Once bailed the girls best friends now say he raped them also when they were all drunk at a party. There are 4 girls now and he is being charged with 8 counts of sexual assault! He has never been in any trouble with the law, he was going to receive a scholarship for football, and he is now sitting in jail with 1 million dollars bail and because of prop21 is looking at 15- to life for this! Somebody please help before my cousin is charged for something he did not do! He is a very good young man and the longer he is in jail I am afraid the less of a chance he has of ever coming home!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

It's obvious he needs an attorney, and one that will zealously protect his Constitutional rights. Beyond that bit of information, what can we do to help him from Cyberspace?

You say that "he is being charged with 8 counts of sexual assault" but then you say, "please help before my cousin is charged for something he did not do". Since he's already been "charged" (which is why he's in lock-up) for 8 counts of sexual assault and rape. It's highly doubtful he'll be charged again for "something he did not do" while he is in lock-up, awaiting his preliminary hearing and trial.

So, I'm not exactly sure just what it is you are asking.

Are you saying that he didn't have sexual relations with ANY of the underage girls, or 1 or 2 of them, or what?

If he did, it's not a defense, and it doesn't matter whether or not he knew their ages. All that matters is if they were minors, and were not "of age" to give legal consent to acts of sexual relations, then he has been properly charged with sexual assault and rape.

Remember, at this point, it's only a "charge" and he's entitled to a trial to force the State to prove each element of the charged crimes. If they don't, your cousin walks away a free man.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

M

Matilda

They say he has 8 counts of sexual assault and rape against him. Yesterday he went to court and all but 3 charges were dropped. The one girl who has these 3 charges against him said she wanted to drop the charges and she was told she would go to jail if she dropped charges! Is this true?

T

Tracey

Well, yes, it's a crime to file a false police report. However, her desire to drop the charges can be used against her in cross examination. Also, that she got 3 friends to swear out false complaint indicates that she's just being vindictive & is not credible. Have him ask his attorney if he should file suit against her AND HER PARENTS for filing a false police statement, and demand they pay his attorney fees + costs.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">