• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son in trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Indianamom

While delivering some paperwork to Owensboro Ky for his In employer, my 23 yr old son was looking around for a street, when he looked up a policeman stepped in front of the traffic and put up his hand to stop It was a school crossing intersection. My son panicked and was unable to quickly stop, went on through and was then pulled over by a very angry officer who said he had committed a misdemeanor and gave him a court date of 10/6 along with the warning of be prepared to pay at least a thousand dollar fine for this stop. Scared my son to death. He got a speeding ticket way back in his high school days but has no encouter with the law in any way since then. Goes to College mornings and works afternoons.
Does he need a lawyer? How bad is this?

A

Arcomone

The law states that you should have control of your vehicle at all times so your son should have been able to stop his car. The most he might get is a fine but a lawyers advice wouldn't hurt.

P

philly philly

what do u mean he was too nervous to stop his car????if he was a girl..the officer or judge "might" understand

A

Arcomone

It has nothing to do with being male or female. How would you have reacted if there were kids crossing when he went through and he hit one of them. He should have been going slow enough to be able to stop!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">