• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Running from the law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

koyione

My boyfriend was charged with DWI 3 years ago. He completed the sentence and on his last week of probation pissed dirty and had to do 1 year work release for it. He ran. In May of this year, he was caught and was placed in jail for 1 year. Bench warrant. After pissing bad 3x an attorney assisted in getting him one more test - afterwards he went to Work Release. It has been really bad for him there. He is treated so bad - he is always crying when he calls because the cops and people there are so vicious to him. Today, he came by my house in the morning. He was drunk and stoned and told me that he was on a leave. But by noon time I found out that he had ran. I have told him not to come home because I dont want to get into trouble, but he has been there all day. What do I do now? I love him so very much but it has been nothing but lies till now and I am so tired with the waiting and suffering because of his insisted stupidness. If he had just been good he would have been out in November 17. Now he screwed up 3 times since then and is on the verge of being taken back to county jail. So he ran. What do I do? I am scared.
State Indiana

A

Arcomone

Although you may love him very much you should turn him in. If he gets caught with you they can charge you as an accesory or for harboring a fugitive. It sounds to me that he needs help and until he gets it he will not change his ways, especially if he knows you will always be there for him. It may hurt now but if he gets better then in the end it would have been worth it,there is a such thing called tough love. You can love him but you have to know when to draw the line and say no more. He tested dirty 3 times and as I always say 3 strikes and you're out!!

T

Tracey

You are committing the crime of criminal assistance by harboring a fugitive. Call the cops & tell them to come get him. Ask them not to let him know you told them where to find him if you want.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">