• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

first offence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

patsyl47

I let my boyfriend live here for a while when he got out of jail, he was on parole. at 12 am there was a knock on the door, no one answered, it was the cops wanting to make a search. theyd been here before, and told me that since I have no record, and not on parole or probation either, they only had the right to search his property and his area which they did. this night they searched my desk area and I told them that he did not have access to that area, it is locked when I am not home and I see to it no one is there when I am. But they continued to do so. surprisingly they found some meth. I forgot all about it believe it or not, being as I am having a hard time losing weight, and a friend suggested doing this for a quick boost to help me get started, and she left it there since I was doubtful and scared to do it, and again dumb sounding I know, but I did forget it. but they found it and arrested us both. I told them that my boyfriend had nothing to do with it, or knew about it, what will happen to us both? from California

T

Tracey

You will go out & hire a lawyer right away to try to get the search suppressed. If you can't, you'll go to jail.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">