• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdemeanor Petty Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Espinoza

In June of 1997 I was arrested at K-Mart. I stole a school uniform for my daughter. I did not try to fight it because I did it. I bought about $75.00 worth of mecrchandise. When I was arrested I was not able to get out on "OR". My parents bailed me out, I went to court and had to pay a fine. I could not afford the whole amount of $1,108. I was put on a pyment schedule of $62.00 per month until paid off. Well i paid two months and stopped I could not afford it. Well I never got back on track and guess what a warrant was issued. Here's my dilema: I went to visit a fried in County jail and I was arrested on the spot. This was the begining of September, 2000. My parents bailed me out again and I have a court date set for Oct. 4th, 2000. Does anyone think I am going to jail? a fine with penaltie? community service? I want to be prepared. I have a great job now, 2 kids that don't know about any of this and I want to keep it that way. Does anyone have any advice for me.

H

Ha

When you arrested that day, did they give you a Court date to see a judge or they just let you go. Do you have to a small fine to Head Quarter department? If the Court officer gave you a Court date, you must show up in Court. If you failed to appear, you will have a bend warrant arrest. Did you see the judge in the past? In what city or states, you arrested. Please fill in more information. Thanks

E

espinoza

When I was arrested back in 97, my mom bailed me out and a court date was set a month later. I did appear in court and they gave me a hefty fine and monthly payments, well I paid a total of two months and then I didn't have extra cash at that time. So I didn't pay. 3 years later I have a warrant and I was arrested agin, my parents bailed me out and now I have to go back on Wednesday Oct. 4th, yep next week. I'm scared. Do you think I will go to jail? What about my job, the kids, etc

Please Advise

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">