• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

on probation, arrested for dui need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beebarbara

I live in tucson arizona, i am on probation for 4 years for theif, felony charge. My p.o is the meanest man alive, im currently in counseling, intensive recovery program, three times aweek. I got arrested for a dui, i was apparently slightly impaired accoring to the cop, took the alcohol test, 0.063 and another seven minutes later at 0.053. the legal limit here is 0.08. My po has threathened to revoke my probation and put me in jail even tho i havent been proven quitly. can his terrible remarks to the judge in fluence there verdit for some jail time just because im on probation. it also in NOT stated that i cant drink alcohol while on probation. any information would be helpful, i dont want to sevre jail time for someting i did while on probation. additionally, can i request a new probation officer and if so how does one do it.

T

talianna

Let's See...

In your probation stipulations, were you ordered to commit no other crimes while on probation or something to that effect? If you were (and I'm willing to bet you were), ANY crime you commit and are convicted of has a chance of bouncing you back into jail. DUI, the last time I checked, was a crime. Your probation officer can't revoke your probation himself (I don't think that there are any states where they, themselves can do so), but he can recommend to a judge that it should be done. It all depends on how long you've been on probation, how many other violations you've had, your attitude toward the probation program...

As for changing probation officers? Why bother? They're all going to be "mean" and make you stick to what you're told to do in your probation agreement. You're the one who made the choice to break the rules that you agreed to follow to get out of jail time, why blame him when you broke them? And yes, your probation officer's input is used as part of what the judge considers when deciding to revoke your probation and add new time.

I'm only a student still, so don't take my advice as anything other than the opinion of a college student who is still delusional enough to think she can maybe help people.

B

beebarbara

Just wanted to say thanks for your imput, its apprecited.

B

beebarbara

the limit is 0.08

the limit in tucson is 0.08. Not that it matters im being punished already by my p.o. before prove quity. :(

C

curtisd

don't get it

if you tested under.08 how do you get charged with dui?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">