• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questionable credit card acts.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

EireCally

I have a question. My last year of college, some friends and I discovered a credit-card statement in a friend's bed-room left over from the previous year. This credit card statement showed a joint credit account between an admistration lackey to the University and the President of the University. It was not a corporate card, but a regular gold credit card. There were some questionable charges made by both parties to this card in addition to the fact that having a joint card is questionable. The president of the university is not a well liked man and is leading the University in a direction no one wants it to go in. Because of this fact we kept the statement, we were upset that the president could and would weild that type of power.
Now we come to discover that the University is in danger of closing its doors because of the financial situation the this president has put it in. We would like to confront alumni and the press with the information about the credit card statement, in the attempt to remove the president.
The Board of Trustees was notified anonmously about the statement, and still renewed the president for a second term.
My question is (finally) what kind of legal trouble could we be in for still possessing the credit card statement?????????????????
I know this story may seem far-fetched but it is accurate believe me.
I need some advice. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Eire Cally

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">