• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prostitution solicitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

misterrob

I was just arrested for talking to a prostitute and setting up a date for money. I believe she had a wire on. I said let's go to my hotel, I'll give you a $100. She said "ok but I want to drop my purse of at my apartment across the street. Pick me up over there in a few minutes." I said "ok" but saw a cop car so I turned the corner and was headed home. They pulled me over two blocks later. I don't think I would have gone through with it. I had massive butterflies in my stomach and I may just have headed all the way home. HOw can they prosecute when no money changed hands?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by misterrob:
I was just arrested for talking to a prostitute and setting up a date for money. I believe she had a wire on. I said let's go to my hotel, I'll give you a $100. She said "ok but I want to drop my purse of at my apartment across the street. Pick me up over there in a few minutes." I said "ok" but saw a cop car so I turned the corner and was headed home. They pulled me over two blocks later. I don't think I would have gone through with it. I had massive butterflies in my stomach and I may just have headed all the way home. HOw can they prosecute when no money changed hands?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You're leaving out the whole conversation, that they have on tape.

You forgot to mention that you stopped to talk, she asked you "for a date", you and she discussed the type of sex you wanted, then you asked "how much"? And she said something like, "What's it worth to you?" and you offered $100.00.

Once you offered the money, that's all it takes to complete the crime of "Solicitation".

Remember, they have it all on tape, and what you "intended" to do later, is of no value to you. It's what's on the tape that counts.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

M

misterrob

Thanks for the info. Guess I shouldn't fight it unless I want to chance that the tape conversation gets garbled or something. HOw do I keep my wife from finding out?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by misterrob:
Thanks for the info. Guess I shouldn't fight it unless I want to chance that the tape conversation gets garbled or something. HOw do I keep my wife from finding out?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Simple. Don't invite her to the court hearing, and trial.

And, when she eventually does find out, I just want to let you know that we have a Family Law Board here at FreeAdvice.Com; you know, where we discuss the laws concerning divorce, child support, spousal support, and everything else.

So, we'll be here for you.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited September 27, 2000).]

L

LadyLiberty

Accept the fact your wife is going to find out sooner or later. Maybe you should have worried about that before, you might not be in your current predicament now. Anyway, assuming this really WAS the first time you tried something like this (and not just the first time you were caught) my advice would be for her to find out from you, not someone else. Confess, throw yourself on her mercy, and depending on how solid your marriage has been up to now, you might just luck out and she forgives you. If you DO get that lucky, I strongly suggest you treat her like she deserves and don't push your luck again. If not, remember this lesson for the next lady in your life. So, in hindsight, was this really worth what it may cost you???

------------------
Legalize Freedom

[This message has been edited by LadyLiberty (edited September 27, 2000).]

B

bellestar

you nasty pig you try and pick up a hooker you get busted and all you are worried about is what if your wife finds out. hookers are nasty how are you going to sleep with a hooker and go home to your wife do you know how many men a hooker sleeps with and they are probley into drugs cuz there prostiting to keep there habits. what about a sexually disease. dont you think you should tell your wife. look at the mess you caused yourself cuz you just couldnt go home and do it with your wife you had to go and get a nasty piece of trash. men like you should be locked up cuz not only are you supporting the drug habit of these nasty women, you are a probable cause of spreading std's. you are a pig.......

P

philly philly

damn u should have at least got a hummer in the car before u got busted..and about your wife..dont tell her..cause there is about a 25% chance that she wont find out..take your chances

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bellestar:
hookers are nasty how are you going to sleep with a hooker and go home to your wife do you know how many men a hooker sleeps with and they are probley into drugs cuz there prostiting to keep there habits. what about a sexually disease. dont you think you should tell your wife. look at the mess you caused yourself cuz you just couldnt go home and do it with your wife you had to go and get a nasty piece of trash. men like you should be locked up cuz not only are you supporting the drug habit of these nasty women, you are a probable cause of spreading std's. you are a pig.......<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Generalization.. what a concept.

Joanna93

You'd better keep an eye out for the newspaper, where I live the the names of men charged with trying to solicit sex are printed in the paper!

S

smileyhapy

PHILLY PHILLY, your answers are so-to the point. I don't always agree with what you say but you remind me of my city days where the guy from the street really knew what what going on and no one else had a clue. You really think his wife won't find out? I bet she will eventually. Bet that thang won't be so anxious to travel in places he shouldn't.
What is this extasy for ladies thing you have going on?

[This message has been edited by smileyhapy (edited September 28, 2000).]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I absolutely LOVE Bellestar's opening line!!

"You nasty pig you . . ."

Men are "hunter-gatherers" and women are "preparer-nesters".

He was only following his natural, primal, Caveman, instincts. Don't be too hard on him. Can't you imagine him with a club over his shoulder, and dragging his woman to the cave by her hair?

IAAL

------------------

B

bellestar

may be hunters, but think a hooker. how many men she must be with in a week. do you want your husband going up in that and then coming home to you. AIDS, and other STD's are a serious factor he must concider before making this selfish act of adultery....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">