• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong drug written on arrest report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lailana

i am facing trial in texas for drugs found during a traffic stop. they were my boyfriend's and he left them in the car. he had been experimenting with drugs for a while. i was the only one in the car at the time though. my lawyer has failed to contact me or return my phone calls and talk about the case. my boyfriend has since disappeared.

he told me after i got out of jail on bail that it was crystal meth. the arrest report said i was arrested for posession of a controlled substance: cocaine, and i believe this is the charge i'm being tried for. i'm going to speak to another lawyer this week, but i'd like to know if there is a precedent for the case being thrown out for the drugs being misidentified. if a lab test proves that the evidence isn't cocaine, will i be innocent? or will they just change the charge. help! this is screwing up my life, and i am told i will lose my federal financial aide if found guilty and i wont be able to finish my degree. i didn't do anything wrong!

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You seem you like an intelligent individual. Why don't you march down to your local law library and ask a law librarian to help you.

L

Lies and more lies

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lailana:
i am facing trial in texas for drugs found during a traffic stop. they were my boyfriend's and he left them in the car. he had been experimenting with drugs for a while. i was the only one in the car at the time though. my lawyer has failed to contact me or return my phone calls and talk about the case. my boyfriend has since disappeared.

he told me after i got out of jail on bail that it was crystal meth. the arrest report said i was arrested for posession of a controlled substance: cocaine, and i believe this is the charge i'm being tried for. i'm going to speak to another lawyer this week, but i'd like to know if there is a precedent for the case being thrown out for the drugs being misidentified. if a lab test proves that the evidence isn't cocaine, will i be innocent? or will they just change the charge. help! this is screwing up my life, and i am told i will lose my federal financial aide if found guilty and i wont be able to finish my degree. i didn't do anything wrong!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boyfriend since disappeared ?? how strange. Admit it, there is no boyfriend and the drugs were yours. If you truly were innocent then you would be looking to fight this, not have it thrown out on a technicality.

If there was a b/f then why did you not dump him the SECOND you saw drugs or knew he was taking them ? You should have stopped the car and thrown his butt and drugs out.

B

bellestar

If this is your first offense they may or may not throw it out but i dont think you will do jail time. they may give you probation, and make you go to drug classes. just explain your part and if the boyfriend is true. LEAVE HIM, HE IS NO GOOD. a real true person would have stood up and taken responsability. so dont worry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">