• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

glynn

I was arrested August 3 for writing prescription medication for myself I had been doing it for 2 months. It is my first offence except for shoplifting several years ago, anyway, I had been through alot this year. My husband is self employed and his business has been SLOW, we lost two cars and our home due to this and I can't work because I have an illness and get sick frequently. I couldn't take any more, I broke my leg in February and had an old prescription at home so I called it in to the pharmacy. It worked so I did it for 2 months then got caught. They got me when I went to pick up the Rx. They arrested me and finger printed me too. I haven't heard anything yet. Each time I call the DA's office they say they haven't got to it. I,m so stressed now but drug free and my husband and I are getting thing situated. Will I serve jail time because I take care of my mom who is 79?? and have 2 children??I don't have money for an attorney, is a court appointed one as good?? any suggestions I'm really scared...............

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by glynn:
I was arrested August 3 for writing prescription medication for myself I had been doing it for 2 months. It is my first offence except for shoplifting several years ago, anyway, I had been through alot this year. My husband is self employed and his business has been SLOW, we lost two cars and our home due to this and I can't work because I have an illness and get sick frequently. I couldn't take any more, I broke my leg in February and had an old prescription at home so I called it in to the pharmacy. It worked so I did it for 2 months then got caught. They got me when I went to pick up the Rx. They arrested me and finger printed me too. I haven't heard anything yet. Each time I call the DA's office they say they haven't got to it. I,m so stressed now but drug free and my husband and I are getting thing situated. Will I serve jail time because I take care of my mom who is 79?? and have 2 children??I don't have money for an attorney, is a court appointed one as good?? any suggestions I'm really scared...............<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Obtaining controlled substances by fraud, forgery or false pretense, carries very stiff penalties, including jail/prison time. Your entire criminal history will be reviewed for purposes of your veracity on the witness stand (if you decide to testify)and at sentencing time.

If you can't afford your own attorney, then you're stuck with having to use an overworked and underpaid court-appointed attorney. One will be appointed for you at the preliminary hearing.

It really makes no difference what your current "life situation" is, in terms of caring for others, or other circumstances. If you are convicted, be prepared to bring your toothbrush.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

G

glynn

Is there sometimes a fine or jail or is it usually one or the other depending on the judge. Is it different in each state. Where can I go for help?? has anyone been in my situation or simular??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by glynn:
has anyone been in my situation or simular??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

No, you are unique. No one has ever done what you've done, and the law against doing what you did was designed just for you, just in case you ever violated that law . . . the State Legislature was waiting for you to violate that law . . . and you did!

Obviously, you have no idea about the gravity of what you did. Oh, I know, you realize that you did "something" wrong, now that you've been caught. The problem is, you just have no clue as to HOW bad it was. You were probably thinking that you could pay a fine, like you would with a traffic ticket, and then everything will be just hunky dory, with a little slap on the wrist, and just walk away from the courthouse.

Not this time. Plan on going to jail/prison. The reason being is that the law really takes a very dim view of persons who forge doctor signatures on prescriptions to obtain drugs.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. But, you forgot that you had children to care for, didn't you? You didn't care enough about your 79 year old mother that you care for, didn't you? You thought you could get away with the crime, didn't you? You were thinking, "it only happens to the next guy . . . I'm too smart to be caught", weren't you?

Well, guess what?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited October 01, 2000).]

G

glynn

Back the truck up Chuck!!!!!! I was asking for some adice not preaching.. And YES I do know what I have done... ARE YOU A JUDGE OF PEOPLES CHARACTER I Think not.. Thanks!!!!!!!!! Yes I did break the law and I will to what I have to do I was asking a question

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Back the truck up Chuck!!!!!! I was asking for some adice not preaching.. And YES I do know what I have done... ARE YOU A JUDGE OF PEOPLES CHARACTER I Think not.. Thanks!!!!!!!!! Yes I did break the law and I will to what I have to do I was asking a question<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Did I misjudge you? "I think not". And, I did answer your questions. Read again.

You admit to obtaining controlled drugs for two months prior; you admit to shoplifting; and only you know what else you've done in your irresponsible adulthood. So, with a checkered past like yours, how would you like to be treated? Face it. You're a criminal; not worthy of respect.

You apparently have a penchant for thievery and only stop when you've been caught. You think little of taking by deception or fraud and, apparently, you think little about taking that which is not yours, despite the consequences or your life situation. You have an arrogance and an attitude of "I want what I want when I want it" despite the fact you have two children and are caring for an aged mother.

What the hell's wrong with your brain that makes it so easy for you to steal? Are you missing some gray matter? Are we supposed to take pity on you when you have people who depend upon you? Are we supposed to take pity on you because you cost us law abiding citizens tax money to give you a trial? Are we supposed to take pity on you because selfish people like yourself cause everyone else to pay higher prices because the stores raise prices to make up for costs of theft?

No.

You haven't learned your lesson from your first arrest for shoplifting. When I said that your entire record will be used to determine your sentence, this is exactly how the judge will look upon you.

And yes, I, like the rest of Society, does in fact judge you for the type of person you are, and have repeatedly shown yourself to be. And you, most of all, are saying to Society through your actions and unlawful manner, that you are not fit to live, work, or shop among law-abiding society.

Like most criminals that come to this board, all you were looking for was a way to get out from having to go to jail, and not to pay your full debt to Society. In other words, you came here in an attempt to "cheat" again, because you still haven't learned anything. Rather than be remorseful, you used your children and your mother as an excuse to try to find out if you wouldn't have to go to jail. Once a criminal mind, always a criminal mind.

"Back up the truck, Chuck"? Well, apparently that's what you've been doing . . . to the "loading dock", and stealing all of your life. Go ahead, say that to the judge or jury. Say that to your children. Go ahead, say that to your Mom when she questions why you're a "criminal". Judging? You haven't heard the last of it. What a fine example you are for your children.

So, I will repeat, you're going to jail/prison. Pack your bags.

IAAL

P.S. I will judge you, right along with the rest of Society. We do that. And the law says we can. That's why you were arrested.

------------------

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited October 01, 2000).]

G

gloriac123

glynn get a good lawyer, you dont have to go to jail. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:

My response:

Did I misjudge you? "I think not". And, I did answer your questions. Read again.

You admit to obtaining controlled drugs for two months prior; you admit to shoplifting; and only you know what else you've done in your irresponsible adulthood. So, with a checkered past like yours, how would you like to be treated? Face it. You're a criminal; not worthy of respect.

You apparently have a penchant for thievery and only stop when you've been caught. You think little of taking by deception or fraud and, apparently, you think little about taking that which is not yours, despite the consequences or your life situation. You have an arrogance and an attitude of "I want what I want when I want it" despite the fact you have two children and are caring for an aged mother.

What the hell's wrong with your brain that makes it so easy for you to steal? Are you missing some gray matter? Are we supposed to take pity on you when you have people who depend upon you? Are we supposed to take pity on you because you cost us law abiding citizens tax money to give you a trial? Are we supposed to take pity on you because selfish people like yourself cause everyone else to pay higher prices because the stores raise prices to make up for costs of theft?

No.

You haven't learned your lesson from your first arrest for shoplifting. When I said that your entire record will be used to determine your sentence, this is exactly how the judge will look upon you.

And yes, I, like the rest of Society, does in fact judge you for the type of person you are, and have repeatedly shown yourself to be. And you, most of all, are saying to Society through your actions and unlawful manner, that you are not fit to live, work, or shop among law-abiding society.

Like most criminals that come to this board, all you were looking for was a way to get out from having to go to jail, and not to pay your full debt to Society. In other words, you came here in an attempt to "cheat" again, because you still haven't learned anything. Rather than be remorseful, you used your children and your mother as an excuse to try to find out if you wouldn't have to go to jail. Once a criminal mind, always a criminal mind.

"Back up the truck, Chuck"? Well, apparently that's what you've been doing . . . to the "loading dock", and stealing all of your life. Go ahead, say that to the judge or jury. Say that to your children. Go ahead, say that to your Mom when she questions why you're a "criminal". Judging? You haven't heard the last of it. What a fine example you are for your children.

So, I will repeat, you're going to jail/prison. Pack your bags.

IAAL

P.S. I will judge you, right along with the rest of Society. We do that. And the law says we can. That's why you were arrested.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gloriac123:
glynn get a good lawyer, you dont have to go to jail. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

And you are basing this heretofore unsupported opinion on what source? Why are you giving this person false hope. What I didn't want to mention originally, but I will now, is that the D.A. not only has the evidence on her from the arrest, but also the evidence from her prior dealings with the pharmacy (remember, she said she had done this multiple times in the past two months). So, with that, and her prior criminal record, she's going down for the count.

The original writer not only violated State law, be she also violated Federal law. In one of those venues, she's going to prison.

IAAL

------------------

E

Edward

I couldn't take any more, I broke my leg in February <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was a bit drastic ! How did you do it ? I presume it was not done by 'driving' over your leg as your bum of a husband lost both the cars. I mean, if business was slow, why did he not go out and get a real job? I would work 20 hours a day if I had to.

G

glynn

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gloriac123:
glynn get a good lawyer, you dont have to go to jail. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks!! I am getting a lawyer it is go to hear from some who isn't bashing me although I know I deserve it Oh well

G

glynn

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Edward:
That was a bit drastic ! How did you do it ? I presume it was not done by 'driving' over your leg as your bum of a husband lost both the cars. I mean, if business was slow, why did he not go out and get a real job? I would work 20 hours a day if I had to.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I twisted my leg and it broke because my bones are brittle from having to take steroids for my illness. My husband was working 3 jobs thank you

B

bellestar

IAAL is being a little dramatic. she get like that sometimes but she has good advice. there are alot of charges in that one offense you did. and i believe you will more than likely have to do some time. and alot of those charges are concidered federal offenses. and i do feel bad for you, well not for you but your children mommy is a druggin criminal. and daddy cant pay the bills. they will probley grow up to be bank robbers. what do you think IAAL

N

njc

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bellestar:
IAAL is being a little dramatic. she get like that sometimes but she has good advice. there are alot of charges in that one offense you did. and i believe you will more than likely have to do some time. and alot of those charges are concidered federal offenses. and i do feel bad for you, well not for you but your children mommy is a druggin criminal. and daddy cant pay the bills. they will probley grow up to be bank robbers. what do you think IAAL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and IAAL is a male! dang!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">