• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

testing without permission?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

concerned wofe

can, in texas, police request blood test results without your permission?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

The Fourth Amendment prohibits unreasonable search and seizure. It states that a warrant shall be issued based upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation which describes the place to be searched and the person or things to be seized. There are many exceptions to the warrant requirement, such as exigent circumstances (an emergency which requires immediate action), consent, and search and seizure incident to an arrest. Some detentions ("seizures of persons") may proceed upon less than probable cause.

I

ITSME

according.to.what.I.read.on.this.board...
not.without.a.search.warrant..or.court.order
if.you.are.charged.with.a.crime.

A..little..more.specific...reply.would.HELP..
from.the.board..here!!!

C

concerned wofe

husband was in car wreck , they took him to trama hosp, when the put him on ward police ?'d him about accident...sd he refused tests...he hit his head in wreck and they had sedated him b4 the questioning. they gave him a paper that sd he was a suspect in a crime and they were releasing him to the hospital...Husband doesn't remember conversation with police just that they were there. hope that helps. thanks

B

bellestar

i do believe they can take one without permission. reason being, they can find out cause of accident. now if you were driving drunk or under the influence of a drug. and you caused an accident are you going to agree to a test. NO. so they just go ahead and test you any way. expecially if you are in an emergancy room.....

D

DrunkN_MastR

Not sure bout other states including Texas, but in California in order to get a driver's license you HAVE to sign a form that says you will give a blood test upon request from any peace officer.

P

peter

BUT IT DOESNT WORK IN REVERSE........

If you suspect the other person is drunk and the Police officer lets him go...you have NO RIGHT to demand a blood test from the other driver....

Trust me this happens a lot in Military towns.....OH yeah i know you commanding officer, take it easy buddy make it home safe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">