• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Robbery 1st degree wdw/assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goodasitgets

Daughter charged with robbery in the first degree with a deadly weapon and assault of an undercover cop. Apparently the boyfriend and another male committed the act, while another male was a passager. My daughter was driving my car.The robbery was committed under the disguise of a drug deal. The cop was robbed @ gunpoint.

The robber escaped, the second male return to the car and per my daughter, she was instructed to take off and when she asked what had happened, she was threaten and told to drive. She was persuded by the police and finally stopped in another town. Half of the money was found in the car under her seat. The other two males in the car were arrested with her and claimed that she knew that the robbery was going down. She denies knowing. Says she was just taking them to met someone.The passager was released, the second person, brother of the robber is being held on a $75,000 cash bail because he was not charged with robbery. My daughter is charged with robbery because she is charged with attempting to entice the cop to the back of a building and fled.Her bail is $150,000 cash.

I cannot afford an attorney. Have the responsibility of her 7 year old son and my own living expenses.Her defense attorney does not seem to be prepared. She just finished volunteer services and a 5 year probation for putting two cashier checks into her account for another previous boyfriend. She is just a sucker for men and is constantly used. These two situations are her first problems with the law an they are big.

SHe does admit to me that she had been smoking MJ and do not remember everything that went on, to include when she was taken into custody. Not sure what she said. The robber is still missing.

What are her chances? What can she expect? Should I consider mortgaging my home to get a decent attorney? What is the max time she can receive?

P

peter

Time to throw in the towel on your daughter.
and let her spend the next 10 or 15 years in jail...

And PLEASE DO SOMETHING RIGHT FOR HER KID

File for permanent custody, and terminate her and the fathers parental rights....

DONT mortgage the house because you will need the money for your grandchilds education and upkeep...

Think of you and your grandchild FIRST!!!!

Let her rot in jail...

B

bellestar

yup shes gonna do time for sure. at least 5 yrs. and mom i do think she is taking you for a sucker. she knew.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">