• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspension of senior

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

susnictan

this is the last year of my daughters school years in a new school.she is a very good student honor roll and she is been suspended 4 times since october for what i call bogus charges. none of them are violent she has been suspended for disobeying a direct command she did not move fast enough for a teacher so they called it insubordination they gave her 5 days for that when she went back to school they said they forgot to tell her she also lost her senior privilages for 2 weeks so i went to the school and was told they make the rules so she has to do it the next time was for stating to a peer that this sucks she wa over heard and they suspended her for that but they said it was for cutting class 2 days back to school and they suspended her again i can't remember why. i have had several conversations with the headmaster, the principle and the school board and i have gotten nowhere. 1 week ago i sent a note with her so that she could be dismissed from school at 1pm a couple days a week as ther is a transportation for my 2 kids to get back and forth to work she has completed all of her requirements has enough credits to graduate and the only class she would miss is a study period. well of course the headmaster said no i wrote and explained the situation to the principle he of course stated that he could not honor it. i spoke with the school board and explained the situation and that there is only 25 days left and the class is a study period. the answer i got was we have to go by the principles dicision. well my child was suspended again today by the deputy headmaster for 3 days at about 5th period the headmaster pulled her in the office and asked "did you get your 3 day suspension" my daughter said yes the headmaster stated" the next time i will go for a10 day suspension and expulsion" this is becasue my child left school early and after i had sent a note about it. i feel as though they are not being reasonable and that they are harassing my daughter .after the first suspension and because i became very upset with the answers i was being given that have a proble with my daughter the other times she was suspended the headmaster just walks by and states to the deputy just give her 3 days without any questions asked, the only way i know is because my child calls me to tell me they are suspending her again. i called today to get an appointment with the superintendent of schools and the phone call i got back was from the person i had spoken with several times on these matters and was told they are sticking by the decisions of the principle. so not even hearing us out it was determined that they would take the stand and go by what the principle said this is all second hand to the super and from the super i finally said that my child was threatened in school by the headmaster with the 10 day issue and he said the secetary will call to make an appointment all this to get someone to give alittle flexability. i don't know if you can give any advice but i am stuck against a wall my child wants to quite school with 24 days left has never had a disipline in 12 years until she got here even though all this has taken place she is still honor roll and ranks 74th out of a class of hundreds.i have an appt with massachusettes advocate to see if they can help i just can't understand why they are harassing her lice this i know the don't like her because i do not sit back and keep my mouth shut when ther is an injustice but i can not get them to see this either

J

jkgoff

Due Process

I am not an attorney, but am a school teacher. What your child is going through is that her rights to due process have been denied. You should have been notified (or they should be able to document that they attempted to notify you) that she was being suspended BEFORE it happens. If they follow through with expulsion hearings, they have to have some ground to stand on. Various non-violent run-ins with the principal are not grounds for expulsion. And, again, due process must be followed. Also, if she is expelled from school, the district is still obilgated to provide an education for her. They may fight this tooth and nail, but they must provide her that. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">