• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cop Spilled A Beer On Me!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yer_fault

hope you people can help me cuz i'm in a freakin mess!!!!....i got pulled over for a broken headlight and the cop saw a beer bottle in my back seat...he grabed it and some old beer spilled on my shirt......then he gets called to a driveby shooting and another cop comes and thinks i's drunk!!!!!!!!!...takes me in locks me ups and i had ta make bail!...i borrowed it from my uncle...i have a history with these pOlice men around here...i think they be pickin on me......I DIDNT DO NUTHIN!
NOW I HAVE TA GO TO COURT!!!!!...any advice from you fine peoples???...i cants afford no lawyer.

C

curtisd

why sho nuf-gets bubba #1 to bez your witnez agin bubba #2

Y

yer_fault

curtis...do ya think you culd speak english and maybe give some advice???or just shut up!

anybody have any REAL advice?...thanks

C

curtisd

have the 1st cop who pulled you over attest to the fact he spilled some beer on you before the 2nd cop arrived and arrested you- unnerstan?

HomeGuru

Let's get down to basics.
Did the writer give a field sobriety test, blood test or breath test? Can the State prove that the writer was in fact drunk pursuant to State law? Is there an open container law? Did the writer even follow posting instructions?

C

curtisd

he says he did'nt do "nuthin" as for tests they gave they missed the spelling one and it seems obvious to me by his grammer he resides somewhere in new england but youre right i should have asked him those questions before i replied

E

Elvis

YER GUILTY -
Check this out - having an open beer bottle in your back seat is not legal. Your in trouble because you had open liquor in your car.

The pOlice were just doing their job they're not pickn on you. You need to go to court with someone who speaks english or you will be in more trouble -

here's some advice - don't blame the police, accept responsiblity for the open beer bottle. If they didn't do a sobriety test or BAC you won't be found guilty of a dui.

nailtech

curtisd said:
he says he did'nt do "nuthin" as for tests they gave they missed the spelling one and it seems obvious to me by his grammer he resides somewhere in new england but youre right i should have asked him those questions before i replied
try Louisiana law,
I'd know(ed) that accent anywhere(s)....

Thibodaux, getcha words out right so thems peoples can helps ya...

G

Gerdie_81

Well, if you weren't drinking, you didn't break any laws. The cop should have given you some kind of test (breathalizer, feild sobriety, or something) to prove that you were drunk. When you go to court, tell them that there was no test administered to prove that you had actually been drinking the beer and smelling like a brewery isn't against the law in any state I know of. If there was no test, there's no proof, there's no law's broken. Hope that helped.

E

Elvis

Gerdie -

What about the open beer bottle in the back seat??? There is a law about having OPEN LIQUOR in a car.

I think he's GUILTY of having open liquor - he didn't say what he was being charged with, he just said he needed to go to court. Which he would need to do if he was cited for open liquor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">