• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Search and SEIZURE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Need info fast

my son was having a party when me and my husband was out the police came buy on a tip that there was contraband and they want to seach he told them "no" and then they talked at the door for a few mintus then they ask again my son said "no" again then they ask if he step out side then my son said "good night officers" then they came in push him down say the saw someone holding a beer which no one was so they sat them all down took a 24 case of beer out of the house or what was left of it which was mine and my husband's and had them sign paper to go to court if needed.. Was it a illegal search???

K

Kaboom

No. The police had "a tip" which brought them to your doorstep. Then, they claimed that they saw a "beer" in the hand of someone whom I assume looked like a minor. They don't need any more evidence.

K

Kaboom

... But the police thank you for the beer. Was it foriegn or domestic? Cheap or premium?

[This message has been edited by Kaboom (edited October 03, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">