• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what rights do I have as a sister of the deceased

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

annaindy

I am in Indianapolis. My brother recently passed away without a will. He had told me that he wanted me to have his tv when he died. His biological son was aware of it. He pulled a truck up to my brothers house and took everything to Tennessee. The Tv was
purchased in my brothers step sons name. Can his step son retrieve the TV if he shows a receipt with his name on it? and if her cant can i file a claim against the estate. I have no proof accept to take a polygraph that my brother said that he did say it in front of his step son though. His biological son refused to have an autopsy on my brother . Can I get this done? Sad in Indiana

A

annaindy

It is a big screen that is probably new for $2,000 he also refuses to let us have an autopsy. He was 53 years old and we dont know what he died from. He had been overprescibed oxycontin and that is what we think killed him but we cant be sure without an autopsy. My family wants to know what happened!!!

Last edited:
A

annaindy

SOMEBODY PLEEEEEASE HELP US EVEN IF ITS BAD NEWS

Last edited:

Dandy Don

Your situation is urgent enough that you need to talk to a local criminal or probate attorney about it.

As far as the tv goes, you should file a claim with the estate by getting a signed statement from the brother's stepson who witnessed the comment giving you the tv.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">