• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false pretense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

airmen

If someone obtains credit under false pretense but make payments and keeps accounts current is it still considered fraud? Also what is the statue of limitiations for this type of crime in CA?
assuming it is a crime.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

It is a fradulent act.

To find the exact law it breaks and all issues surrounding it, including statute of limitations (for a crime, it is very very very long), follow my instructions:

go to the freeadvice.com homepage and at the very top click on state statutes.

click on california.

click on penal code AND press search.

read, read, read.

E

Edward

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by airmen:
If someone obtains credit under false pretense but make payments and keeps accounts current is it still considered fraud? Also what is the statue of limitiations for this type of crime in CA?
assuming it is a crime.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Assuming it is a crime! Brilliant! You made me smile, well done. YOu obtain credit under FALSE pretense and then ask if it is still considered fraud. What a hoot !

K

Kaboom

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by airmen:
If someone obtains credit under false pretense but make payments and keeps accounts current is it still considered fraud? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just read an article in my local newspaper (in Michigan) last week about two car dealership employees who used the profiles of customers with good credit to approve financing for customers with poor credit. The car dealership employees are in prison for at least two years. The D.A. has indicted six customers (so far) and they are seeking sentances of six months in jail. I hope that helps.

T

Tracey

It is definitely fraud. However, if they keep the accounts current until the statute of limitations expires, they can't be charged. Also, unless they miss a payment or default, the creditor has not been harmed & might not sue them. I don't know what the SL is in California.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">