• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GSDK9

I was charged with a Class A Felony of Forgery over a year ago. I went to trial in September 1999 and was aquitted. During the trial numerous checks that were cashed by my with the direction of my old boss were used as evidence. Now 2 of those checks are being used as Charges 2 & 3 against me. Can this be legal? Haven't I already been judged on this evidence and subject? Is it possible to get these charges dropped?

The trial attorney that represented me in the first trial is not deceased and I have to use a Public Defender. Please help me with this as much as you can?

Thank you.

------------------

T

Tracey

Possible avenues to explore: double jeopardy (the checks were used in evidence on count one & the DA just wants another bite at the apple) & wrongful failure to join (usually, all criminal charges stemming from one incident or series of incidents must be brought at the same time). DJ is a constitutional argument that can be brought up anytime, but the failure to join will be based on state law & your attorney needs to get the motion filed on time.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">