• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inheritance vs. Disability Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

annaxx

I am writing to inquire about declining an inheritance. Can a person in Ohio who is receiving Disability Benefits for Mental Illness (who is own POA) decline to receive an inheritance and still maintain State benefits? Does the State (Medicaid or Medicare; etc. ) have any legal rights to this money? Can they demand that the money be accepted? Please contact me if there is a need to clarify or add any details. Apparently it is uncommon for an individual to decline an inheritance because most people are at a loss as how to even begin finding an answer. Thanks for any help you can offer.

L

loku

I may or may not be able to find the answer to your quesiton, but first I must know exactly under what program are you receiving aid?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">