• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Having an open container

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Eaze

What will happen to me in court if I got arrested for open container in my vehicle and i am underage but 0.00% BAC. Clifton NJ

[This message has been edited by Eaze (edited October 05, 2000).]

T

Tracey

If it's someone else's car, you can argue that the container was theirs & you didn't know it was in the car. If it's your car, you'll get a fine & maybe alcohol treatment. Really, if you can't make it from your house to the baseball stadium without a beer, you have a problem. Verify this with a defense attorney in NJ. You can probably get the answer during the $25 initial 10 minute consultation.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">