• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

laceyndallas

i have friend.... no really.... he took his father-in-laws social security card number and ordered a cell phone, ran up a hefty bill and wasnt able to pay for it, the father in law found out about it and this has gone on his credit, my question is how bad of trouble is the friend in. he lives in texas

T

Tracey

None, if dad doesn't file charges. If dad files charges, friend will face indictment for felony theft of identy, fraud, etc. Jail time & full restitution & a criminal record for the rest of his life. Perhaps he should sell his car & pay dad back quickly. Walking will give him lots of time to reflect on his crimes & how lucky he is to be outside instead of in jail.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">