• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad News

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Marie Osmun

Last year in June my husband bought me a car for my 40th birthday. It wasn't bran new but used. It was a 2000. We paid 21,000.00 and some for it. Today I went to a dealer to get some warrenty work done to find out that some of the things wrong are NOT covered under warrenty. Because the car had been recked. I was never told that this car had been recked, and I paid a high price for it. Now what can I do? I DON'T want a lemon.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Marie Osmun said:
Last year in June my husband bought me a car for my 40th birthday. It wasn't bran new but used. It was a 2000. We paid 21,000.00 and some for it. Today I went to a dealer to get some warrenty work done to find out that some of the things wrong are NOT covered under warrenty. Because the car had been recked. I was never told that this car had been recked, and I paid a high price for it. Now what can I do? I DON'T want a lemon.
My response:

The phrase is - - "Brand" new.

The word is spelled - - "Wrecked".

The word is spelled - - "Warranty".

On your "title" or "registration" to the vehicle, is there a "salvage" notation? If not, then the car was not "wrecked" - - rather, it was involved in a collision that was repaired. Then, the question becomes, was the car repaired to manufacturer specifications?

You should have your vehicle inspected by a manufacturer representative to determine if the repairs were corrected to specification. If the repairs were up to specification, then you have no argument. If the repairs weren't up to specification, then you have a potential "breach of contract" and possible "fraud" action against the selling dealership.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">