• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Senior high male takes my 14 yr old daughter from school without my knowledge.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cheryl

Thanks to all for your advice/comments.

[This message has been edited by Cheryl (edited October 08, 2000).]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cheryl:
Today when my 14 yr old daughter (in 9th grade) didn't come home from school on bus as usual, I went to school looking for her. She is on the flag team and has practice in the evenings occasionally, but she always comes home to eat and I take her back to flag practice in the evening.
So here I am at school, in a panic, and worried to death...I ran around school checking with band students (whom I knew) who were there for band practice to see if anyone had seen my daughter. One student informed me that my daughter had been seen leaving with a senior high male student (goes to same school)when school let out, but only knew the guys first name, knew what kind of vehicle he drove, and knew he was a senior. I sat at that school for 3 1/2 hours waiting and praying nothing bad would happen to my daughter. Finally, here they come...the guy acts as if he had all the right in the world to be in possession of my 14 yr old daughter. He let her off (aways from me) and was gone before I could reach him. I was so furious at him, it's probably better that he did speed away as quick as he did. My question as you may have guessed by now is...What are my rights and what can I do? Can I file any charges against this guy who has to be 17-18 yrs old? Can I get a restraining order against him? What would you suggest I do? Please help asap as I am a mother afraid to let her daughter go back to school.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

I'd like to help. Do you see that writing in RED, above? Without a State name, we can't even attempt to assist you, if we're even able to assist you at all. Laws are different everywhere.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

C

Cheryl

Thanks to all!

B

bellestar

DO YOU KNOW IF THEY WERE BEING SEXUALLY ACTIVE. EVEN IF SHE SAYS NO YOU MAY WANT TO TAKE HER TO THE DOCTORS. BECAUSE EVEN IF THERE IS A LAW ABOUT THEM BEING TOGETHER IT WILL GET ALOT WORSE IF THEY ARE HAVING SEX.

C

Cheryl

Thank to all!

B

bellestar

WELL I DONT THINK THEY CAN ACUALLY TELL YOU IF SHE HAS HAD SEXUAL CONTACT UNLESS THERE IS LEFT OVER SEAMEN. BUT YOU MAY WANT TO HAVE HER SPEAK TO A DOCTOR PRIVATELY SO HE CAN EXPLAIN TO HER THE CONSEQUENCES, AND ASURE HER THAT EVERYTHING IS CONFIDENTIAL. IF SHE DENIES IT THAN HAVE FAITH.SHE IS GROWING UP AND WILL MEET BOYS. JUST TELL HER YOU NEED TO KNOW. IF YOU GIVE HER THAT TRUST AND CONFIDENCE THAT SHE CAN TALK TO YOU, SHE WILL. NOW I THINK YOU ARE TAKING THIS TO FAR WITH THE BOY. FOR ALL YOU KNOW SHE HAS BEEN ENCOURAGING HIM OR FLIRTING WITH HIM. SHE PROBLEY ASURED HIM IT WAS OK AND SHE COULD GO WITH HIM. ITS NOT LIKE HE KIDNAPPED HER OR ASSULTED HER. I THINK YOU SHOULDNT BE SO OVER BEARING SHE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TALK TO YOU, SHE WILL BE AFRAID. SHE IS GROWING UP AND EVEN AT 14, SHE WILL HAVE CRUSHES. SHE IS A TEENAGE GIRL. BUT IT IS IMPORTANT THAT SHE BE ABLE TO TALK TO YOU. RIGHT NOW ITS IMPORTANT TO BE HER FRIEND SO SHE WILL NOT BECOME REBELIOUS. GOOD LUCK.

T

Tracey

Send the boy AND his parents letters telling him to have no further contact with you daughter at all, & let the parents know what he did & that you have forbidden him from doing it again. If he does, you'll file a criminal complaint agaisnt him for illegal contact with a minor. Inform the school that she is not to be allowed to leave with him. Your daughter will declare herself mortified, but you're the parent & can't let her tantrums deter you from protecting her. WARNING: do not begin this battle of wills unless you're willing to finish it.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

[This message has been edited by Tracey (edited October 04, 2000).]

B

bellestar

tracy what the hell are you talking about the poor boy probley dont even know her age. dont get so defensive believe me that is the wrong thing to do if it is in her will to see him then she will sneak. like i said to the mother the daughter is going to need her mom as a friend right now not a correctional officer. she is growing up and that cant be stopped.....

G

GrandmotherX4

Amen!!!!
The very LAST thing the 14yr. old daughter or the boy or the mother needs now is the COPS involved!!
What.ever.happened.to....TRUST?
Geesh!
If.the.mother.and.daughter.HAVE a.good.rela-
tionship..the quickest way to DESTROY it...
FOREVER...is to have her examined by a doctor or.calling.the.cops.into.this.now!
She SAID the girl had NEVER done anything
like this.before! GIVE HER THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT!!
EVERYONE makes mistakes and 14yr old girls
are very flattered when a SENIOR takes an
interest in them and he may.have.not.known.
her.age! How many 14yr old girls look 19
these days??
MOST of them!
The poster should have gone to a PARENTING
BOARD...NOT THIS ONE! :mad: Your "advice" could ruin that relationship forever!
It's all Black and White to you. MEN!!
Especially COPS and LAWYERS!! Were you EVER young and interested in someone younger or older than yourself.??? THINK!!
I JUST HOPE THE MOTHER COMES BACK TO READ THE
REPLIES BEFORE SHE REALLY SCREWS UP!

G

glynn

I too have a young teenager. The best thing now Mom is to keep talking to your daughter. She needs to be able to come to you with ANYTHING no matter whether you think if it is wrong or not. I would want to know about the school and how someone can just leave. She must be in the 8th or no=inth grade. where we live they are very strict with who most kids leave with and there are parent around for extracirrucular activities. But I know if there is a will there is a way. Just remember to be there for her. Good luck, and remember how you felt when you were 14!

C

Cheryl

Thanks to all!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">