• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am desperate, please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dena151

Please someone help me. My father died and made a will when I was 14 (I am now 30), he left everything to his new second wife. Sje will not give me anything- it is killing me not to have any memories of my father. Please cam I contest this will since neither me or my sister was mentioned. We live in Virginia - I have been told we can contest, but I have talked to a lawyer here and they do not think I have a chance.

Dandy Don

Is the will being probated now?

When did the death occur?

How much is his estate worth?

You really do need to get a second opinion from another attorney, and get a copy of the will if possible (check at the county courthouse to see it it's been filed yet). First office consultation is usually free.

Yes, you can contest it but can you find an attorney willing to defend you without charging you a hefty upfront fee in advance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">