• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

procurring for a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bgibreal

How will my charge of procurring for a minor affect my certification for teaching? I am worried that I will not be able to obtain my teaching certificate with this on my record. I am aware that I may be able to later have my record sealed, but am worried about what the consequences are now. I live in Nebraska.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bgibreal:
How will my charge of procurring for a minor affect my certification for teaching? I am worried that I will not be able to obtain my teaching certificate with this on my record. I am aware that I may be able to later have my record sealed, but am worried about what the consequences are now. I live in Nebraska.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

That's a fancy way of saying, "Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor".

I attempted numerous ways to access the Statutes and Nebraska State Board of Education. However, it's as if the entire State has closed for the night - - access was impossible.

Suffice it to say, there is no State that doesn't consider "Contributing" as a violation of good morals, and where the same is not considered unlawful. You have, at the very least, committed an act of "Moral Turpitude" that will keep you from teaching children or young adults. I imagine the crime also carries a minimum term of 1 year in jail, and a $1,000.00 fine.

Insofar as "sealing your record" is concerned, I think you are referring to "expungement". Once convicted of your crime, it will take years before you may be eligible for an expungement.

At this point, you might want to get your Certification in Computer Programming, instead. You're sure not going to be given a position of "public trust" around children, or teaching, any time soon and that's guaranteed.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited October 05, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">