• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threatened Me & My Children/Alone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mscatzie

Without telling the whole story. I will try to make this as brief as possible.

I took a TV to be fixed and it broke 2x. I returned it 3 weeks ago to be fixed again, but no one called me so I called and the secretary finally told me it couldn't be fixed. It needed more work. I asked to speak to the owner on several occasions and I was repeatedly told he was not available.

Anyway, yesterday me and 2 co-workers went to pick it up as I wanted to get it out of the store since they had no intention of fixing it or returning my money and I knew I would have to go to small claims court.

The Threat comes now.

As I entered the store and asked for my TV, the secretary told me she couldn't give it to me. She had no authorization. And the owner was not availabe. I said I would call the cops and left the store. My co-worker then told me later that she asked her to call the owner immediately. As I was calling the police the owner came out from the back room. He was there the whole time.

The police came and took both our statements.
I only wanted my TV and a written statement from the owner that it had a 90 day warranty.
He said the 90 day warranty only covered the work he had done, but wouldn't give me anything stating that. I asked one more time with the officer there. The owner became abusive and staring kicking things and punching walls and calling me all sort of names. He YELLED OUT "I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE AND I HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS" I said "IS THAT A THREAT" "ARE YOU THREATENING ME AND MY FAMILY".

He came after me and the officer stopped him, but did not put that in the police report.

Anyway, today I filed charges and have to go to court. Also, when I went to p/u the police report, they didn't want to give it to me. Told, me it was going into evidence. But, finally did. Is this legal? Or, do I have the right to that police report.

My question is: What happens if he pleads NOT GUILTY? The girl told me he will get a lawyer and fight it. What happens then?

Will I have to get a lawyer? Can I get a court appointed lawyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">