• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

class B midemeaner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hate myself

I'm in Utah. I was caught shoplifting shampoo and other cosmetic items(first and last offense). I admitted I was wrong. The policeman gave me a citation.
I have a mental illness and I started to have a panic attack. The policeman called an ambulance and I refused to go to the hospital. So then he read me my rights, took my finger print and forced me to go to the hospital. The hospital released me after an hour and I was free to go home. A few days ago, I got a summons to appear in court on the 13th. The summons said Class B misdemeaner.
Because of my illness, I don't have a job or any financial assistance yet. What do I do if I can't pay fines? Will I have to go to jail? My therapist said she would go to court with me. Do you think she could help in any way? What is a misdemeaner? I am scared sick.
I would appreciate any advice!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">