• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

(Penn St)-- Demands from dean of student affairs, Penn St.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smase

I was hospitalized for a month during classes. It has been my Dr.'s advice not to attempt completion due to the added stressors of missing so much time. I have attempted to obtain a medical withdraw from the Dean of Student Affairs and they've been fighting me the whole way. He (dean) demands that "an original letter sent directly to me" (from Doctor, and no problem with that) "letter should state the nature of your illness and length of stay in hospital" (best part coming up) "Dr. should also indicate that, in his/her opinion, it was necessary for you to be absent from College for time hospitalized." My biggest question is "should he be able to forcibly obtain knowledge from me as to demanding to know the nature of my illness?" Dr. has said it was due to medical reasons, and that it was not communicable.

vrzirn

The "why" of your hospital stay is not any business of the Dean and the doctor's letter should suffice. If they continue to deny the withdrawal you can take it a step higher on the administrative level, have your attorney write them a letter, or, unless the cause is embarrassing, have your doctor tell them. Sometimes, standing on ceremony is more trouble than it is worth.
"Don't sweat the small stuff".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">