• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

One.more.time.>

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

worriedinTexas

posted October 05, 2000 01:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FACTS:
81 yr. old great-grandmother lets grandson and wife take over payments on Camaro still in her name.
Insurance company makes her sign papers to
Exclude HIM as driver, based on drivng
record.
Grandson totals Camaro last week. Both drivers suffered injury and went to hospital.
Eye witness states other car ran out in front
of grandson.
However, grandson had suspended liscense and
is suspected of d.u.i. pending investigation.
Car is still financed.
What will insurance do. What IF it was other driver's fault. NO citations issued at scene.
Grandmother has other vehicle insured with
same company. Great-Grandmother did NOT know grandson was driving car.
Careless wife was intrusted with keys and car.
Will insurance still have to protect grand-
mother in this mess?

T

TxBlu

hmmm seems to me like someone is in some deep S_ _ T... but regardless she signed the paperwork stating that he would not drive the car and then he drove it with a suspended license and was drinking? She should have had them refinance the car and take out insurance in their name. The only other way I can see this could be covered is if he has insurance or his wife does on another vehicle in their names. TX is not very kind to drunk drivers and unfortunately ignorance is no excuse.
Looks like someone needs to hire an attorney and fast...

N

njc

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by worriedinTexas:
posted October 05, 2000 01:39 PM <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

try the accident, injury and insurance law board..someone might be able to help there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">