• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for theft from employer--charges filed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Evelyn323

Over a period of about two years, I shoplifted a total of a little over $400 worth of merchandise from my employer (it was small items here and there, ranging in value from $1.99 to $30.00, with most items around $5.99). I was just fired, and told that charges have been filed with the police dept. Can anyone tell me if there is any way to keep from having a police record? I returned all of the stolen merchandise to my employer, but not all of it is resellable. I have definitely learned my lesson, and if there's any way to keep this from following me around for the rest of my life, I'm desperate to learn of it! Please help if you have any information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">