• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marijuana laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cooldae6

Recently, I had 2 undercover police officers come to my house and confiscate a "live" plant that I had growing in my house. The plant was only about 14" tall. They also took a small pipe that I had in my house. My question concerns my rights as far as what can happen to me. I know they could offer me to plead guilty and except lesser charges, but, what can the charges be and how will it affect me. I also question their tactics on how they searched my house. I was not home at the time and they told my wife that if she didn't let them search the house, that they would come back with a search warrant and she could be in even more trouble than if she didn't cooperate. Is this legal? So, because she wanted to cooperate,she let them search the house. They told her that they saw the plant in the window of my house, which is questionable because of the size of the plant being so small. I would greatly appreciate any advice that you could give me. I am going to look for an attorney to defend me, but don't know what to look for. Please help!

J

jack32

I feel for you. My brother was charged with attempt to sell marijuana. it was a trumped up charge. he simply turned it over to them when he knew one of the undercovers. they wanted him to rat. he would not. they had his source in the next room already. the da wanted him to plea, but he fought for his innocence. a jury convicted him after the crafted story the cops gave. his lawyer sucked.
My advice, get a good lawyer. we paid $1,500. i'd pay 3 times that if i had to do it again for him to get him a decent lawyer. he's been in jail for 6 months now. all for less than 3 joints. GET A GOOD LAWYER NOW!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">