• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfair dismissal

• Thread starter colleendaley@sy
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

colleendaley@sy

I'm a Canadian Native, we have training programs provided by the government, run by Natives, for Natives. I was attending a computer software course, 3 months full time, Excel (spreadsheets) Access (databases) Microsoft Office, Photoshop 6, Go Live, Powerpoint. Anyway I'm an artist and I'm attending these classes for the graphic related software and I got thrown out for being late and leaving early for a week, during Access. My Grandmother died, my son came home from Charleston where he lives with his aunt and uncle, it was during spring break, he stayed with me, I took two more days to grieve than is allowed, I got thrown out. I got a doctor's letter stating I was in mourning, wasn't accepted. Complained to the funders, got ignored, Complained to my federal representative, they phoned on Friday, it is very late Saturday night, I'll phone on Monday. The effect of being thrown out of the program over my Grandmothers grave feels much like a violation. I haven't been able to face my family. My question is, are there consequences and what might I expect?

vrzirn

U.S. law only!
However, it sounds like you knowingly violated the rules and took 2 extra days to go sight-seeing with your son.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">