• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a problem from my past

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

avg_guy

I was arrested and released on my own recognizance back in 1973 in Athens Ohio for
disorderly conduct.
The problem is I never paid my fine or showed up in court.
Now that I'm older and a little wiser I guess,I would like to have it settled. It's been bothering me lately now that I have kids. I would hate to be dragged of by the police in front of them, this could leave a bad impression for both the police and myself.
What I would like to do, is just walk in and pay my fine. My question is, what should I expect?
Should I have somebody ready to bail me out?
Should I take a vacation incase they make me wait in jail for a judge to see me?

Any advice would be appreciated.

T

TxBlu

Call the District Clerk, seems to me that is a minor offense and you could probably pay the fine thru mail.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by avg_guy:
I was arrested and released on my own recognizance back in 1973 in Athens Ohio for
disorderly conduct.
The problem is I never paid my fine or showed up in court.
Now that I'm older and a little wiser I guess,I would like to have it settled. It's been bothering me lately now that I have kids. I would hate to be dragged of by the police in front of them, this could leave a bad impression for both the police and myself.
What I would like to do, is just walk in and pay my fine. My question is, what should I expect?
Should I have somebody ready to bail me out?
Should I take a vacation incase they make me wait in jail for a judge to see me?

Any advice would be appreciated.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Well, first, they'd laugh you out of the stationhouse. Second, they'd all be saying, "It's been 27 years, give it a rest, ever heard of the Statute of Limitations?"

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited October 04, 2000).]

A

avg_guy

Sorry, error on arrest date; 1983 not 1973.
17 years ago, thanks for I input.
I'm going to request a copy of my record,
just to see what shows up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">