• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

searched need fast help got court 10/9

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zachary

I was driveing on the freeway and was stoped for doing 80mph in a 55mph zone. I had no proof of insurance the cop wrote me up for no ins. but not for speedying. Then he asked my to step out of the car and come around the back and told me i was beeing video and audio taped. Then he told me he was GOING to search me and wanted to know if i had anything sharp in my pockets befor he stuck his hands in. I told him i have a knife in my pocket he got the knife (switchblade) he then asked if i had anything else i told him i have a brass knuckel in my back left pocket he grabed it then he contenued to search me. Then he asked if i had any large amount of money or drugs in the car i told him no and i didnt. Then he ASKED if he could search the car and i said yes, nothing was found and he wrote me up for carrying a concealed weapon. Then he pulled out a piece of paper and asked me to sign it he said it was concent to search the car i can remember if he threw in and you. I signed the paper and went home. What i want to know is should i get a lawyer for the concealed weapons charge or did he have the right to search me and will it fly in court? Thanx
My email address is [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">