• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana at the lake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fester7178

I was arrested at canyon lake in in Texas for poss. of marijauna and for paraphenalia. It was during a day-trip on my day off from work. We stayed a little too long after the park closes, and a ranger came to tell us to leave. We were drinking and smoking marijuana at the shore, and when the ranger saw our cans and bottles, he told us they didnt allow alcohol at the lake. He told us to pack our stuff and go. We got in our cars, and drove out, but when we reached the gate to the park, it was locked. The ranger informed us that he had called the comal co. police to perform soberiety tests. I was a passenger in the last vehicle, and when the driver whom was under-age, failed his test, the officer asked for my i.d. I had to get it from the trunk and thats whene he found the contraband.I was immeadiatly arrested and my drunk friends were allowed to drive home. Iwas the only person in jail that night. The weed wasnt mine, someone else put it with my stuff well before we left. I dont know anybody who has been arrested in another county. This was also my first offense. I have no idea what happens next. Can I still get probation in another county.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

That stuff wasn't mine routine may be true but ineffective in court. Now, if this is your first offense, and you just happened to be the person arrested for this crime, you may have a good chance of getting the charges dropped. I say MAY because you really need a good criminal defense attorney to try to get this dismissed or worst case, probation.

See, the problem here is if you say it isn't yours, it implies you don't smoke the stuff. Big problem is this stuff stays in your system for 3 months and there are tests the court can make you take to prove that you weren't just around it but actually smoked it (a chemical is found in your hair and nails when you smoke that is not found when you are just around it).

Try attorneypages.com or call your state bar association. Good luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">