• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile searches

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joplin

I live in Calif and my son is on juvenile probation in which the court order states that he or his property may be searched at any time ect. Our local P.D. was under the impression that someone in my household had some very vaulable items that had been stolen from a different city.when i arrived home i found several police officers from diff counties in my home using the juevinle probation search as reasoning to being there,
shortly after i arrived and questioned as if it was a juv search i was told the truth.
prior to coming home the officers had been in my home for over 2 hours searching every room turning things up side down ,even searching my p.c. for over an hour.My adult son and his friend were made to sit on the couch under close watch untill finished.The police officer finally called the friends house that i was visiting and damanded that i return home immed.(After the 2 hour search.)
was this legal? My son has been on this juv probation for a misterminor for over 2 years ,,without any violations,but they refuse to let him off ,stating that they can keep him untill he's 21.
in the last year we have been "visited" 8 times by our local probation officer,and like each and every time they leave empty handed,never once a violation.They have only search my sons room in all the incidents but the one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">