• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

College Transcripts - Major Trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

susan2020

I have been trying to obtain my college transcripts, from a Florida (State) community college, since Fall 2001. After multiple letters and phone calls, I am just getting the run around. Is there a "time frame" the college must get my records to me, once requested?

Is there anything I can legally do about this? Can they be held accountable if I am denied entry (to another school) for continuing education of if an employer will not hire me because my records can't be verified?

Please advise. Thank you.

vrzirn

How long has it been since you last attended the college? Perhaps the records are in the archives, not on microfiche, and they cannot easily spare someone to search for them. Did you enclose the necessary fees for the official transcripts?
Try moving higher up the administrative line. If plan A fails, do not persist in trying plan A. Move on to B and C.

S

susan2020

Thanks for the response. The college has admitted they must pull the records from the archives and have stated they have already done this. There are no required fees to be paid. I have gone as high as the college President.

The President's office keeps having a clerk in the registrar's office call me back and she asks what the problem is each time (she should know who I am by now).

I feel I have been patient long enough. I am trying to move on to "plan C" and am trying to find out if the college has any legal obligation to fill my request in a timely (less than 9 months) manner. Any suggestions on who to contact?

vrzirn

Forget the phone calls. Address a letter to the President and tell him the transcript was already pulled from the archives and ask him to expedite things. I would also contact the Community College Credentialing Agency for the state and ask them for help. I do not know what it is called in Florida but it should be simple to research.
As a last resort, contact your State Senator's office and tell them you are a voting Dem/Rep and ask them to help. Write a letter.
Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">