• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Witness in Crown Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeansinclair

Please please help me . A woman who I do not know is being taken to court for taking 250 thousand pounds from an old man who lives near here . About a year ago when I knew nothing of this he made a rude remark to me and I told the police . The police then apparently had to tell this womans solictor about my complaint and now they have summonsed me to appear in court . I missed the last court date but had a letter from my Doctor because I had a heart attack and this stress is making me very poorly and I feel like I could die . Please help me get out of this court appearance . He was really dirty to me and I did point him out because I did want him warned but I didnt know about this awful woman either . PLEASE help me . The police told me I didn't have to do anything I don't want to but the lawyer says I do have to and I have no option .

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeansinclair:
Please please help me . A woman who I do not know is being taken to court for taking 250 thousand pounds from an old man who lives near here . About a year ago when I knew nothing of this he made a rude remark to me and I told the police . The police then apparently had to tell this womans solictor about my complaint and now they have summonsed me to appear in court . I missed the last court date but had a letter from my Doctor because I had a heart attack and this stress is making me very poorly and I feel like I could die . Please help me get out of this court appearance . He was really dirty to me and I did point him out because I did want him warned but I didnt know about this awful woman either . PLEASE help me . The police told me I didn't have to do anything I don't want to but the lawyer says I do have to and I have no option .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Dear Jean:

We primarily deal with American law on these Boards, not English (I presume you are writing from England). While the law is probably somewhat different here in the Colonies, I imagine that because our Jurisprudence was formulated from English law, and the Magna Carta, that the laws concerning Subpoenas are very similar.

In America, a Subpoena is a Court Order; a demand for a "command performance" without any choice. Your Bobby, or police officer, was VERY wrong. Unless you are in the hospital, or infirmed, on the date you are called to testify, then you SHALL be in court, pursuant to the Subpoena, or suffer the consequences.

Good luck to you, and all will be okay. I assure you.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

J

jeansinclair

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeansinclair:
Please please help me . A woman who I do not know is being taken to court for taking 250 thousand pounds from an old man who lives near here . About a year ago when I knew nothing of this he made a rude remark to me and I told the police . The police then apparently had to tell this womans solictor about my complaint and now they have summonsed me to appear in court . I missed the last court date but had a letter from my Doctor because I had a heart attack and this stress is making me very poorly and I feel like I could die . Please help me get out of this court appearance . He was really dirty to me and I did point him out because I did want him warned but I didnt know about this awful woman either . PLEASE help me . The police told me I didn't have to do anything I don't want to but the lawyer says I do have to and I have no option .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank You with all my heart for replying to my question so promptly . Not good news for me but I do appreciate your time and trouble and I did giggle at your "Bobby" . THANK YOU I had better prepare myself for this case then . Love JEAN

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Thank You with all my heart for replying to my question so promptly . Not good news for me but I do appreciate your time and trouble and I did giggle at your "Bobby" . THANK YOU I had better prepare myself for this case then . Love JEAN
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You're absolutely welcome Jean. You didn't confirm what country you were writing from, and what's so funny about my Bobby? My Bobby is beautiful - - and besides, my wife absolutely adores my Bobby.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

J

jeansinclair

I am sorry IAAL I was trying to be as brief as possible because of how busy you must be but Yes I am in Lincolnshire England and I only laughed at your "bobby" because I haven't heard them called that for absolutely years and years . Can I please Just say that yesterday I found this advice Forum and I read quite a few of your answers and you are brilliant . So blunt with some that I gasped at first but brilliant and to the point . Thank you for your valuable time . Please may I ask one more thing . I am poorly now ( genuine ) what would happen to me if I was ill every time they called me to court please . I wish I wasn't such a worrier and I am sorry to keep pestering you .Also IAAL was I a fool for identifying myself on here . Thank You for everything Jean

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

I am sorry IAAL I was trying to be as brief as possible because of how busy you must be but Yes I am in Lincolnshire England and I only laughed at your "bobby" because I haven't heard them called that for absolutely years and years . Can I please Just say that yesterday I found this advice Forum and I read quite a few of your answers and you are brilliant . So blunt with some that I gasped at first but brilliant and to the point . Thank you for your valuable time . Please may I ask one more thing . I am poorly now ( genuine ) what would happen to me if I was ill every time they called me to court please . I wish I wasn't such a worrier and I am sorry to keep pestering you .Also IAAL was I a fool for identifying myself on here . Thank You for everything Jean <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My dear Jean:

You are such a love!! Thank you for recognizing brilliance . . . sometimes, it even blinds me! You sure know how to tug at my heartstrings, don't you?

You weren't descriptive about your "illness" (and that's okay); however, if you are really afraid that your health would be impaired, in jeopardy, or endangered, by showing up in court and testifying, then I would suggest that you obtain a "declaration" from your doctor - - that you can copy and mail to the Subpoenaing attorney/solicitor - - explaining that it is the doctor's professional opinion that you cannot withstand the stress and the rigors of a court appearance, based upon your health history and current ailments and, for those reasons, cannot obey the Subpoena.

That should work "brilliantly", and the solicitor will have no choice but to release you from your lawful duty.

God's speed to you, and I hope you feel better soon, my dear.

An American in King Arthur's Court, I am,

IAAL

------------------

J

jeansinclair

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:

My dear Jean:

You are such a love!! Thank you for recognizing brilliance . . . sometimes, it even blinds me! You sure know how to tug at my heartstrings, don't you?

You weren't descriptive about your "illness" (and that's okay); however, if you are really afraid that your health would be impaired, in jeopardy, or endangered, by showing up in court and testifying, then I would suggest that you obtain a "declaration" from your doctor - - that you can copy and mail to the Subpoenaing attorney/solicitor - - explaining that it is the doctor's professional opinion that you cannot withstand the stress and the rigors of a court appearance, based upon your health history and current ailments and, for those reasons, cannot obey the Subpoena.

That should work "brilliantly", and the solicitor will have no choice but to release you from your lawful duty.

IAAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear IAAL,
I hope you do not mind my replying Just this once more Just to confirm my illness which is I have a main blocked artery ( it's okay I have two more ) and I have had one Heart attack but suffer from Angina badly and stress has put me into hospital twice . Would you think that is enough reason for the soliciter to accept I cannot go to court .My Doctor has offered to write this and he does believe I would be at risk to attend but would the solicter . IAAL it was almost worth this awful trouble to have met and read your pages . Please give all my regards to your wife and say I think she is so lucky to have you . There must never be a dull moment and I mean that with sincerity I think you are the tops . Thank you with all my heart for being you . Jean

J

jeansinclair

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:

My dear Jean:

IAAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear IAAL,
I hope you do not mind my replying Just this once more Just to confirm my illness which is I have a main blocked artery ( it's okay I have two more ) and I have had one Heart attack but suffer from Angina badly and stress has put me into hospital twice . Would you think that is enough reason for the soliciter to accept I cannot go to court .My Doctor has offered to write this and he does believe I would be at risk to attend but would the solicter . IAAL it was almost worth this awful trouble to have met and read your pages . Please give all my regards to your wife and say I think she is so lucky to have you . There must never be a dull moment and I mean that with sincerity I think you are the tops . Thank you with all my heart for being you . Jean

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Dear IAAL,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Aw, I am putty in your hands. I'd do anything for you Jean. Here's my artery . . .

Anyway, the Solicitor has no choice in the matter. Doctor's orders and an explanation of what the stress could do to you ALWAYS trumps a Solicitor, Attorney, and even a Court.

If your testimony is that important, the Solicitor can come to your home, with your doctor and a nurse present, and pay for your doctor's and nurse's time, and then take your testimony under Oath. Perhaps, it might be a good idea to have your doctor spell that out in his Declaration, also.

Absent those conditions, the Solicitor has no choice. Serious medical infirmities NEVER take a back seat to the otherwise important nature of a court proceeding.

It's nice to have made a friend "across the pond". I've told my wife about you, and that you're my new girlfriend. Like your Subpoena, Mrs. Liable will just have to take a back seat to my new heartthob, Jean. Perhaps, one day, you and I can meet halfway - - is there an island in the Atlantic? We can dance into the Sunset. How's that?

Please, keep me informed about yourself, and the court matter as it progresses. I'd like to know.

All my best to you Jean, and good luck to you.

IAAL

P.S. I normally answer questions on the Family Law Board. So, you can always get my attention there.

IAAL
------------------

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited October 08, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">