• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maxi

hi ! i hope someone can help .Ihave a son that was so into drugs that the only way i could help him was to have him go to jail .He broke into his exgirlfriends house totally drugged up and told her he would kill her .A nyway i am the one who talked her in to pressing charges and it ended up getting him 10 years .Hi s pd only came to see him 3 times in jail to offer 2 diff plea bargain the 1st was for 10 years and he turned it down the 2nd was for 6 years and he said no and decided to plead straight up instead anyways his lawer has not filed any papers for sentence reduction now what help please a crying mother !!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxi:
hi ! i hope someone can help .Ihave a son that was so into drugs that the only way i could help him was to have him go to jail .He broke into his exgirlfriends house totally drugged up and told her he would kill her .A nyway i am the one who talked her in to pressing charges and it ended up getting him 10 years .Hi s pd only came to see him 3 times in jail to offer 2 diff plea bargain the 1st was for 10 years and he turned it down the 2nd was for 6 years and he said no and decided to plead straight up instead anyways his lawer has not filed any papers for sentence reduction now what help please a crying mother !!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

What kind of help are you looking for? A shoulder to cry on? Legal assistance? A letter to the D.A.? And all from Cyberspace, no less.

What kind of sentence do you think he deserves? Probation? A slap on the hand? What?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

M

maxi

i guess i need someone to tell me that his sentence is to hard .He never had any feloney before and i dont think his pd did his job .He was asked in writing to file for a sentence reduction but has not done so is there anything he can do ??His attorney has not eventalked to him and he has now been in jail for over a year

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxi:
i guess i need someone to tell me that his sentence is to hard .He never had any feloney before and i dont think his pd did his job .He was asked in writing to file for a sentence reduction but has not done so is there anything he can do ??His attorney has not eventalked to him and he has now been in jail for over a year <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

According to your first post, your son rejected the second plea agreement of 6 years.

Your son was very, very lucky to have his P.D. visit him even two times. Normally, it's only once, and then they have to move on. Your son is just another number to the P.D.

If you want to do something, if anything can be done at all at this late stage, then save your money for a private attorney.

You starting this "out of control train" and he ended it by going to trial. You know what they say about making your bed, don't you?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited October 08, 2000).]

M

maxi

i know you are right as far as making your bed and etc.... it always amazes me when i see people getting a slap on the hand for big crimes and then here comes the person that cant afford a reg attorney and thats what he gets i guess its just not fair .If i would have enough money i would have put him in a treatmentcenter and not in jail .

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

i know you are right as far as making your bed and etc.... it always amazes me when i see people getting a slap on the hand for big crimes and then here comes the person that cant afford a reg attorney and thats what he gets i guess its just not fair .If i would have enough money i would have put him in a treatmentcenter and not in jail .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

He IS in a treatment center. By the time your son gets out, he'll be so "dry" that drugs won't even enter his mind. And besides, he'll be too scared to go back to prison again.

The time will do him good. It's okay. He needs this time to think about what he's done to himself and society.

IAAL

------------------

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">