• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First time DUI in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

ZDRAV

My husband was pulled over by the Local police and was given a sitation for a DUI. We have a court date and would like to know for his blood alcohol of 2.1 what should we expect to pay for a fine and do we need a lawyer and what are our options. We are waiting for his perminant resident visa, we were married in Germany and now reside in CA. Will this affect his visa? We are getting ready to move at the end of the Month to Kansas. Will this follow us? Will he be able to move or will he have to stay in California and fulfill some court obligation. I really appreciate your advice. We would rather not have to pay for a attorney and a fine if we would have to pay the fine anyway???? Cara

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZDRAV:
My husband was pulled over by the Local police and was given a sitation for a DUI. We have a court date and would like to know for his blood alcohol of 2.1 what should we expect to pay for a fine and do we need a lawyer and what are our options. We are waiting for his perminant resident visa, we were married in Germany and now reside in CA. Will this affect his visa? We are getting ready to move at the end of the Month to Kansas. Will this follow us? Will he be able to move or will he have to stay in California and fulfill some court obligation. I really appreciate your advice. We would rather not have to pay for a attorney and a fine if we would have to pay the fine anyway???? Cara<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

If it was just a matter of a fine, then your husband would probably be okay. But, it's not. Plan on spending some time here in California waiting for your husband (in jail) and then, on probation. Insofar as his Visa is concerned, that will be revoked, and then it's back to Ze Fazzer Land.

Your husband was driving with nearly three times the legal limit of alcohol in his system, which qualifies as a Felony in California.

Yeah, I would imagine your husband is going to be a guest of California for some time to come. You can run, but you can't hide.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Z

ZDRAV

I have had the displeasure of reading several of your comments on this web site. You are a very unhappy person. If you have such contemt for people who make mistakes you must: 1. live in a perfect world of your own. 2. Not be a Christian or any other religion for that matter. The Bible teaches forgiveness. Why do you think we have courts at all???? So people can be held accountable and then be forgiven. My husband did not kill anyone!!! He made a mistake!!! Why don't you get politically involved to spew you negativity and let people offer advice who truely know what they are talking about. You a hateful person that has nothing better to do than to sit in front of thier computer. I will say it again, GET A LIFE !!!!!!! and stay off this site! We don't want or need your feedback.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZDRAV:
I have had the displeasure of reading several of your comments on this web site. You are a very unhappy person. If you have such contemt for people who make mistakes you must: 1. live in a perfect world of your own. 2. Not be a Christian or any other religion for that matter. The Bible teaches forgiveness. Why do you think we have courts at all???? So people can be held accountable and then be forgiven. My husband did not kill anyone!!! He made a mistake!!! Why don't you get politically involved to spew you negativity and let people offer advice who truely know what they are talking about. You a hateful person that has nothing better to do than to sit in front of thier computer. I will say it again, GET A LIFE !!!!!!! and stay off this site! We don't want or need your feedback. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You are so correct!!

I am the Anti-Christ. I have horns on my head, and a tail. I usually wear a red suit, and make deals with people for the eternal souls.

Religion and the law don't mix. I can't help it if you didn't like the truth, lady. But, what I said is the absolute truth. He's not getting away, and you can bring your Bible to court with you, and it won't help one, little, bit. When the judge sentences your husband, will you start spouting off in court also?

He's going to jail, because it's MANDATORY in California. He'll be there for a long time. That's the fact, lady.

If you can't stand the heat (pun intended), get out of the kitchen.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

D

DrunkN_MastR

I have never posted a topic on here asking a question, only posting advice on the few bits of things I might know about... but if I did ask a question I would probably most respect the opinion of IAAL, cause he's direct and to the point - this is not a politically correct board nor are we supposed to be nice - you come here looking for advice and it was given to you accurately in my opinion - that's pretty much what's gonna happen to your husband... If I posted something like oo oooo I know how your husband can beat it and not get any jail time would that be the response you were looking for?
There's people out there studying law and they tend to be more or less the same group of people that despise criminals - but I'm not sweating it, cause I'm somewhere in that circle - where are you?

------------------
Just your friendly neighborhood DrunkN_MastR tellin ya the way it is, from a scumbag street cop point of view ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">