• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-payment of court fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anitatan

An Ohio common pleas court has been writing to me to pay courts fees of about $ 150. If
I do not pay by certain date, they will send it to prosecutor for collection. I am not staying in the state of Ohio. During the legal proceedings on alleged non-compete breach, I never acknowlege or communicate with the court as I do not agree to the jurisdiction of the Ohio court. Also, it will be expensive and burdensome for me to depend in Ohio when I am not staying in the Ohio state. My former Ohio employer brought the case as an intimidating tactic and it is not expensive for them to do so. I have no intention to go back or work in the state of Ohio. What is the implication of not paying the court fees?
Any candid advice for me?

D

distress

I am not a lawyer and I live in the state of Georgia, but I've had a similar situation happen to me and they garnished my paycheck for the court costs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">