• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mental abuse from teacher

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mike1966

i live in the state of illinois, very small town in the southern part of the state. there are a some serious issues that has brought me to this point and i will save them for another time but for now i would like to just state what i know and ask for some help.

this school year my child has creied a begged me not to make him go to school. i thought he was just being difficult and i made him go anyway. we have been having a lot of trouble from the teacher and i have talked to her repeatedly and she assured me that there was no problem. a couple of days ago i started calling some of the other parents in the class and found that some of them were also. Some of the parents said that there was no problems that they have heard of so i asked those parents to talk to their child and ask them how they feel about school. One of those ladies called me back about 40 min. later and was crying, her daughter was also scared to go to school and begged her mother not to talk to the teacher because it would only get worse.

some of the things these parents are telling me:

"my child was told she did not have the right to ask any questions until she was a straight A student"

"my child was jerked out of the class room with his feet off the floor and screamed at until he cried then drug back to the classroom for his classmates to look at"

"my child was told, in front of the entire class that her pants were stained and that she could not wear them anymore and her mother needs to buy her some new cltoths"

"my child was told repeatedly to shut-up you immature little baby"

i have only contacted 7 of the childrens parents and they all say the same thing.

this abuse has resulted in my child seeing a counsouler and he has indicated that this child has been ridiculed to the point that he has no self esteem or confidence, that he actually hates himself.

what can i do????

D

dorenephilpot

Set up a meeting with the principal and share your concerns w/him or her.

If that doesn't work, set up a meeting with the superintendent and do the same.

If that doesn't work, go to the school board.

My guess is that that tactic will help you resolve the issues.

M

mike1966

I have done all of that except the board. which is my next step. so far it has only been swept under the rug as usual.

does anyone know my legal rights as far as getting a petition to have her removed?

can i circulate a petition asking for her removal and does that petition need to state why and if it did how would it be worded so that the teacher or school board has no recourse?

ellencee

mike1966

If the school board does not do anything, you can always go up another level to the State school board.

Education is a hot political topic in today's political realms.
You can contact your State Senator and Representative and also contact your US Senator and Representative.

I am pro community schools and anti government involvement in our schools, but until such time as that is an option again, I have to suggest working with the political system and suggest that you make a little noise about how this will affect every student of this teacher in the students' performance from now through the end of their education.

and--it that doesn't work--there's always the media!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">