• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Open container & Public Indecency - help.

• Thread starter Confused in Ohio
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Confused in Ohio

I was caught peeing in a public place with an beer in my hand; I was not intoxicated and was arrested by a college's police department. I was not read my rights; I was handcuffed and taken to the station. I did all of the above, and would like to get off on a technicality. I'm intelligent and would like thise questions answered.

I admitted to the urination, because there was a witness. If that witness does not show up to court, will I be acquitted, despite the fact I admitted to it. I think that my word at the time is not valid because I was not read my rights. Am I correct in assuming this? With no witness there, can I successfully deny it now? Any loopholes there?

G

GMA

sorry, police r only obligated to read rights if they r intarigating u. in other words questioning u. as for the wittness part, the police officer is the wittness. u shouldnt even go to court becouse its not worth fighting and it'll only be a little fine. especially if u've never been "convicted" of this before.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">